The Lost Art of the Good Schmooze
Building Rapport and Defusing Conflict in Everyday and Public TalkeBook - 2011
This book shows how a good schmooze can be turned to social benefit, without the humiliation of "sucking up" or the hypocrisy of the "the hard sell."
* Conversational exchanges in social life, family life, workplace talk, educational interaction, and cross-cultural sequences
* Excerpts from interviews, media, and ordinary verbal interactions
* Examples of personalities schmoozing well, and badly
* A glossary of sociolinguistic terminology
* A bibliography of sources about discourse analysis