Fiske Guide to Getting Into the Right CollegeeBook - 2010
"A first-rate introduction." - Booklist
Get accepted to the college that's right for you
Everyone has their own idea of the perfect college. The Fiske Guide to Getting into the Right College is the only admissions guide that starts with an in-depth assessment of your priorities, then takes you step-by-step through the process of applying to the schools you actually want to get into.
The #1 expert on America's colleges will show you how to:
- Choose the right kind of school for you
- Filter out the hype
- Earn the test scores colleges want to see
- Write authentic essays (even if you're not a great writer)
- Submit an application that shows off your best features
- Ask the right questions during campus visits
- Know how admissions officers rank candidates
- Get off the waiting list and get accepted
- Attract and even negotiate the best financial aid package
The most trusted resource for helping students get into the schools of their choice.
Edward B. Fiske served for seventeen years as education editor of the New York Times , during which time he realized that college-bound students and their families needed better information on which to base their educational choices. He writes the bestselling annual Fiske Guide to Colleges to help them.
Bruce G. Hammond has devoted much of his time to counseling for college. He served as managing editor of the Fiske Guide to Colleges and is director of college counseling at Dipont Education Management. He has been quoted in numerous publications, including the New York Times , the Wall Street Journal, and U.S.News & World Report .
ONE-HOUR COLLEGE FINDER TARGETS THE RIGHT SCHOOL FOR YOU
- Secrets from admissions officers
- How to choose the right college for you
- What to do when (a plan for all four years)
- Financial aid strategies and timelines
- Essays, interviews, and much more